Since having visited Levain Bakery in New York City, we were on a mission to find a recipe that came somewhat close to what the master bakers at Levain whip up. It’s plump, soft and delicious! Try it for yourself!
– 1 cup salted European Cold Butter, cut into small cubes
– 1 cup Brown Sugar
– ½ cup Sugar
– 2 Eggs
– 1½ cups cake flour
– 1½ cups flour
– 1 teaspoon cornstarch
– ¾ teaspoon baking soda
– 2 Tablespoons vanilla
– 2 cups Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips
2. In a KitchenAid (or large bowl) cream together cold cubed butter, brown sugar, and sugar until creamy.
3. Add one egg at a time for a minute each.
4. Add in cake flour and flour, cornstarch, baking soda. Mix well.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Chill dough for at least 4 hours. Overnight is best.
7. One chilled, preheat oven to 410 degrees.
8. Remove dough from refrigerator and form the dough into balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheets.
9. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown. (Or take them out early if you like them gooey!)