This might look like a lemon bar, but sorry to say its not. It’s magic….Lemon Magic Cake that is! It’s a lemony custard dessert that is easy to make and requires minimal ingredients. Find out how to make this piece of deliciousness below.
Lemon Magic Cake
- 4 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- ¾ cups flour
- 1 ¾ cup milk, lukewarm
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest from one lemon
- Powder sugar
- Preheat oven to 325ᴼ Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix the egg whites with an KitchenAid or electrical mixer until they are stiff. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Using the mixer, add eggs yolks with the sugar. Mix well. Add the melted butter and vanilla and mix for about 2 minutes. Slowly pour the flour into the batter mix for another 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and zest. Gradually add the milk and beat for 2-3 minutes.
- Fold in the eggs, 1/3 at a time using a spatula or whisk. It’s okay if there are small chucks of egg whites in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for about 40 minutes or until a butter knife comes out clean.
- Let it cool and sprinkle powder sugar on the top.
- You can serve this cake at room temperature or cold.