It’s been record breaking weather here in California and T.W.O. was in the mood for a light, delicious, refreshing salad. We combined fruit, vegetables and cheese to make this vegetarian meal. Bikini meal approved!!
Roasted Beet and Berry Burrata Kale Salad
– 1 bunch lacinato kale
– 3 golden beets
– 1 Persian cucumber
– 1/2 cup raspberries
– 1 burrata ball
– Trader joes soy dressing
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Remove the leafy steams on the beets. Wash and clean the beets. Place on a foil lined cookie sheet. (Or place a piece of foil under each beat so the juices don’t get everywhere.
3. Cook for 1 hour, checking the beets every 20 minutes.
4. While the beets are cooking, wash and chop the kale. Place on individual plates.
5. Top with washed berries and sliced cucumbers. Evenly cut up the burrata and add to each salad.
6. Once the beats are done, remove and let cool for 2 minutes. Peel the skins off the beets using a knife. Thinly slice.
7. Add the sliced beets to the outside of the plate for presentation and top with the soy dressing or a dressing of your choice!